Thursday, April 27, 2006

oh, hi

okay, I'm gonna try again. Maybe be even less ambitious this time. Snort.

Started Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago. I'm even going to the meetings, which is really not at all like me. I don't do well in rooms full of cat-sweater people (it's a Mimi Smartypants term, but I'm too lazy to find the link) who go on and on about what you can or cannot eat at Olive Garden. But. The fact is, I'm really really fat and the time has come to put up or shut up about it.

What I find most amusing about the whole thing is the shame I feel in belonging. I don't want people to know, I'm embarrassed to ask for lower calorie things, etc. This is hilarious because it's rooted in some sort of belief that *shhhh* people won't know I'm fat if I don't call attention to it
As if they didn't have to get a new area code when they got out of the way of my ass. Self-delusion is marvelous.

Enough for my first day back.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Mocha said...

Betty Wu! Good for you!

Really, that wasn't meant to rhyme, but it was kinda fun.

Nice of you to visit and I'm glad I returned the visit. Your writing, you... seem like my kind of people. That's always fun to find.

Best to you on this new journey and for being honest--I applaud you. I'm really glad for you wrote this (besides that it's funny) because it shows you're growing.

See you around the blog!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger LRM said...

Thanks Mocha Momma! that's very kind of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home